Seeking self motivated, driven, passionate individuals to asset our company. Are you the type that enjoys offering financial stability and security? Then a career as an life insurance agent may be perfect for you. We get to know our clients on a deeper level with exceptional customer service and a personal touch with an in-depth look into their lives to determine what policies and coverage will benefit each one. Join an exciting team of individuals committed to offering security to every consumer by working with our insurance company to sell affordable policies.
What does an Insurance Agent do?
- Sell life and or health insurance as well other financial products to consumers, customizing programs to cover a variety of risks to meet the needs of every individual.
- Meet with clients as needed to provide them with information about how to handle a policy claim, how to update policies and how to maintain appropriate records for possible claims.
- Attend programs, seminars and meetings to learn about new services and products, receive technical assistance and learn new marketing and selling skills.
- Create marketing strategies that bring customers to your insurance agency rather than another.
- Guarantee that all necessary paperwork is filled out and filed to put the insurance policy in place.
- Communicate with customers and underwriters to determine which types of insurance are offered and which are most applicable to the specific customer.
- Monitor any claims made to guarantee that both the insurer and the client are compensated fairly.
- Seek new clients through networking and calling lists of prospective clients on a weekly basis.
Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Insurance license from the state you are working in (if not licensed, in the progress of getting licensed in NV,GA,MI or TX)
- Passing scores on state exams that certify you to sell various types of insurance
- No prior felony or DUI
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to insurance or sales, or equivelant work experience
- Flexible schedule and ability to travel
- Experience working as an insurance agent